1. BOXING: We should manage to get 4-5 medals from Boxing ..its quite possible, as we have dominated well in both CWG and Asiad and not many strong boxers are there from Europe/US. Also the fact that we managed 2 Bronze medals last time, should be a booster to achieve the target for 5 medals.
2. HOCKEY: Lets be practical, I am seeing some of the best Indian hockey since 2007. If this form continues. we should manage a Bronze (of course we still have a lot to catch up with AUS, GER, NETH)
3. Atheletics: India finished 6th in 4X400m womens relay in 2004 Athens Olmypics. With some efforts we can manage a bronze here. Other events, its highly unlikely as US, Jamaica, Trinidad and China are there to share top honours.
4. Shooting: We have been boosting of world champs here, but they disappoint at the major events. With little focus, a target of 3 medals is acheivable. Do not forget Abinav's GOLD in the last edition.
5. Not much chances in other events like Weighlifting, Wrestling etc. Though we are good, we aren't the best to share the podium.
In the nutshell, if India manages to win around 7-10 medals, it would be a miracle. Fingers CROSSED.
1. Kumari Sahana in women’s high jump 2. Kashinath and Rajender in javelin 3. Renjith and Amarjit in triple jump 4. Kavita and Preeja in 5000m 5. 4 x 100 women’s and men’s relay team 6. 4 x 400 men’s and women’s relay team 7. Santhosh,Vijender and Manpreet will aspire for boxing golds 8. Oinam Jamesboy Singh in 200m men’s canoe 9. Last rounds best efforts by our chess players 10. Men and women Kabaddi golds 11. Vikash,Shekhar,Sunil and Sumitra will try in Karate 12. Sepaktakraw players will also gain some more experience 13. Suman,Geeta and Gurusharan will battle in wrestling