Managing allergies is not easy something that should not be taken lightly. With access to all the facilities, yet we can't manage with out medical help. 90% of India either do not have access to and do not have understanding what allergies are and what is its effect. Indians are ignorant. My grandson who is allergic to all kind of nuts and I have seen him having an allergic attack it is terrifying. We can't take him any where not even to visit relatives without carrying a medical bag containing his injections. Now all our relatives and friends know about it and no one brings or uses nuts at home. In India this will not happen. We come home from outside the first thing we have to do is wash our hand in case we are contaminated with something that may cause allergic reaction. ALLERGY IS NOT EASY TO MANAGE AT HOME ALONE. Dust mites and pollens are not the only culprits poultry such as Eggs and dairy products can also cause allergic reaction but NUTS are the worse. BEFORE YOU START MAKING DECISIONS, GET AN ALLERGY TEST, AFTER WARDS FOLLOW THE ITEMS THAT YOU MAY BE ALLERGIC TO WITH REGULAR TEST AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR. Don't just relay on your instinct get medical help as soon as possible. With Nut allergy you have very limited time from 10 to 20 mins before a second attack happens and can be fatal. We have to administer Adrenaline injection within minutes of the allergic reaction start and a second one with 10 minutes after first injection and then straight to hospital.
Re: Allergic reaction
by Ajit Birdi on Dec 11, 2012 12:56 AM
We are lucky in a sense that here in the west we have an ambulance service within 10 minutes and paramedics (there is a doctor on every ambulance called to a patient. India does not have such a prompt medical service and care.